Recent News Events
Recent news events Heading link
- I’m starting to tweet news @JonSolworth.
- UIC is searching for Systems Faculty.
- Jon Solworth presented a talk on Ethos at You broke the Internet at the 30th Chaos Computer Congress.
- Dan Bernstein, Tanja Lange, and Nadia Heninger presented “The Year In Crypto” at the 30th Chaos Computer Congress.
- Mike Petullo presented MinimaLT at ACM Computer and Communications Conference in Nov. 2013.
- I’ve just put a slew of Ethos papers on-line, see this
- We’ve released Ethos’s network protocol “MinimaLT: Minimal-latency Networking Through Better Security” by W. Michael Petullo, Xu Zhang, Jon A. Solworth, Daniel J. Bernstein, and Tanja Lange.
- Jon A. Solworth gave a talk on May 21st at IEEE Security and Privacy: Clean slate vs. compatibility: The struggle for new system software layers
- Jon A. Solworth gave a talk on May 3rd at Greater Chicago Area Systems Research Workshop, Ethos: A layered approached to secure applications
- W. Michael Petullo defended his Ph.D. thesis on May 15th, 2013.
- An Ethos paper on secure networking has been accepted to the EuroSec workshop at EuroSys in Prague. Mike Petullo is lead author and presenter.
- Wenyuan and Muxuan Fei’s son Daniel was born on March 12th.
- Two more Ethos papers have been accepted, this time to the Resolve Workshop at ASPLOS. Mike Petullo is the lead author and presenter.
- Mike Petullo gave a talk at University of Wisconsin, Madison on Ethos.
- Ethos now runs on 64-bit, the result of 6 months determined effort to root out bugs in the the 64-bit port which made it unusable. Kudos to Xu Zhang and Mike Petullo and to Pat Gavlin and Andrei Warkentin for the original port.
- CS 486, Secure Operating System Design and Implementation course has been approved by the department’s graduate and undergraduate committees.
- The first Ethos paper has been published at ACM DIM, the ACM workshop on Digital Identity Management.