The Advanced Programming Seminar Series
A weekly discussion, sponsored by Computer Science Department and Ethos lab.
Description Heading link
The Advanced Programming Seminar Series meets each Monday from 12-1:00pm in SEO 1000. Each week, a seminar participant leads a discussion related to system programming; topics may include debugging, profiling, packaging, revision control, and programming language techniques for developing reliable system software. Pizza is provided.
The purpose of the seminar is three-fold:
- Sharing knowledge about relevant topics
- Improving students’ ability to present technical material
- Increasing the interaction between our computer science labs
A typical session will include:
- A prepared, 30–40-minute talk presented by a student (or faculty member)
- 10 minutes of questions
- A quick critique of the presentation
- A social period for the remaining scheduled time
Please email the coordinator Xu Zhang if you are interested in presenting a topic or have any questions.